Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ballin'

DAY 1 of living in new apartment

Today, I woke up in a new room. I like this room. I have a ceiling fan. I have a plant. I have a very grown up looking bedspread.

I also woke up in what some might call a state of anxiety. My body was shaking a little and my stomach was quaking a lot. Basically, I was all nerves.

Reason being: I have an "interview" tomorrow with a Temp Agency. Except at 7:00 this morning I didn't really understand the latter. Having talked to my mom--in an attempt to calm myself down--I soon learned that this "interview" really shouldn't be all too scary. Besides failing the Excel skills test and having to pull some crazy strings to print my resume at the UCD library, this situation shouldn't be that bad. So, tomorrow, I drive to Woodland in my interview attire (I really don't know how I feel about my trouser slacks but they'll do) and do this thing. By 10ish tomorrow, this ordeal will be over and maybe I'll even have a job. (will deal with that anxiety when the time comes)

My new roommate Jolie, who also just moved in, is really nice but quiet. For once in my life, I feel like the crazy loud confident girl. I talked her into letting me use her Kerbos password for the UCD library. This is so not me. Maybe I'm becoming more confident?

Of course, I did drive a moving van on Sunday. After I pulled up to the new apartment in my U Haul, my mom took one look at me and said "You've got balls, girl."

I suppose I do. I could have just boomaranged back home, taken up my old job and lived a quiet but financially sound existance. But I have done just the opposite.

Go me?

No comments:

Post a Comment