Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blah Says the Insomniac

It's 11:21.

I took a bath. I read a book. I lit a candle. It was a soothing experience. You would think that I'd be ready for bed? I guess not.

Because, as I've made clear already, it is 11:21. And that means I should be asleep and in bed.

Potential reasons for my insomnia:

1. I drank a cup of Moroccan mint tea before bed. Caffeine? I think so. Those crazy Moroccans, mixing herbal with addictive. Did I mention this stuff is amazing?

2. I have had little social contact for the past few days. Unless you count the 9 year old I babysit or the lady at the library counter. Skyping my brother, parents, friends and boyfriend doesn't count.
Too much alone time makes Linds a restless girl.

3. I have this thing hanging over my head on Monday. I'm once again temping at this swanky investing firm. I was requested because they were "so impressed with me last time." Well, I do answer a phone and push buttons very well. I also know how to type. Ask anymore of me on Monday, and I may let you down. Okay, okay, I know. I am totally not helping myself here.
But this is who I am. I WORRY ABOUT THE UNKNOWN. Not so much WHAT IF the world will end tomorrow or WHAT IF I get mobbed in a parking lot, but more so WHAT IF they ask me to do something I don't know how to do? Or WHAT IF I do something completely and totally wrong.

I promise I've worked through some of this in therapy.

4. My lovely boyfriend (I don't mean that sarcastically), who I usually talk to before bed is out with his sister and her friends at a pub. Jealous? Not really. Thrown off? Yes.
I like routine. And talking to T is part of my bedtime routine.

5. I (was) am hungry. I am turning into my Dad. He tends to get hungry in the middle of the night. As do I now, apparently. Grape nuts for him, peanut butter and crackers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment