Monday, April 12, 2010

Preluding It Up

There seems to be a trend in the blog world. Everyone wants to try something extra ordinary and chronicle it. Julie of the Julie/Julia Project. No Impact Man of No Impact Man.

But this blog is not doing that. I am not cooking my way through Julia Child's cookbook and I am not living without toilet paper. I'm not even attempting a new feat. I'm doing something extremely ordinary. I'm graduating from college.

In T-minus 8 weeks (if my dry erase calendar is correct), I will be walking across the stage, moving in to a new apartment, living with new roomies, finding a new job and basically making a brand new life for myself. whew.

But can't this be seen as it's own project? I am trying something new for me. And you know what? I'm a bit scared to tell you the truth.

Let me introduce myself. I'm about to graduate from University of California with a BA in English. No minor, no double major. Just English. I like to write. Hence the blog. And hence my zero job offers. But I don't regret majoring in something I sort of like---as of right now I'm so over all things school, so I'm not really backing this statement---but ask me this again when I'm pounding the pavement in a few months.

Unlike the majority of my friends, I am not opting for the boomerang option---moving back in with the parentals. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and I often have fantasies about moving back in with them. My mom's cooking + my Dad's auto tune ups + the fact that my parents and I actually enjoy each others company= an awesome situation for a post grad who has no place to live, right? Wrong. After many sleepless nights (most of which occurred during Finals week for some reason), I've come to the conclusion that moving home isn't the choice for me. Personally, I feel like I'd be taking a step backwards. Backwards into a backwards town that I've been trying to escape since I entered puberty.

So instead, I've been craiglisting and ulooping apartments in NorCal. I've been going on what is the closest thing to a blind date that I've ever had in my life ALL week. It's been a crazy map questing, gas guzzling whirl wind of a week.

So next year I am starting over. Starting new. Starting an adventure. Something like that...

One things I do know?

I am

Rising above the Ramen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you through your comment on my blog, and I'm looking forward to reading more!
    Kayla K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayla!

    My mom and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete